The Washington County Board of Supervisors Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual for Administrative Division Employees (Personnel Manual) sets out the policies and procedures governing employees of the Administrative Division of the Washington County government. These policies and procedures are followed with regard to employment, promotion, demotion, dismissal and any other activities dealing with personnel which is deemed necessary in order to clarify the County’s or employee’s position in the personnel system established by the Washington County Board of Supervisors. The Office of County Administrator will maintain an up-to-date version of the Personnel Manual for public and employee access through this webpage.
The Administrative Division of the Washington County government consists of the following administrative departments and Offices and their personnel:
- County Department of Budget & Finance
- County Department of Building & Development
- County Department of Community Development & Planning
- County Department of Economic Development & Community Relations
- County Department of Emergency Management
- County Department of General Services
- County Department of Human Resources
- County Department of Information Systems
- County Department of Recreation
- County Department of Solid Waste
- County Department of Zoning Administration
- Office of County Administrator
- Office of County Attorney
The provisions of this Personnel Manual do not apply to other Washington County government employees except as may be adopted in whole or in part by the elected or appointed heads of the various other County government agencies or departments.