Washington County, VA
The Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney for Washington County is seeking a Full-Time Legal Assistant to support the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office in cases dealing primarily with General District Court. This position is tasked with a variety of duties including maintaining and organizing files, preparing the court docket for Commonwealth’s Attorneys and coordinating court dates and times with the court, defense counsel, witnesses, and law enforcement officers. Experience in the legal system is preferred. This is an at-will position which serves at the pleasure of the Commonwealth’s Attorney.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Commonwealth’s Attorney.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate an ability to work well with others
- Must have good communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficient computer skills are required including being able to use Word and Excel
- Be able to learn to use the case management file system
- Maintain legal files
- Must be able to multi-task and adapt to new skills
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Additional duties include answering phone calls, scheduling meetings, preparing discovery for defense counsel, and responding to Freedom of Information Act requests if applicable
Please submit an application and resume to Roxanne Holloway, Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or mail to Commonwealth’s Attorney Office, 165 East Valley Street, Abingdon, VA 24210.