Washington County, VA
The Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney for Washington County is seeking a Part-Time Legal Assistant/Archivist to support the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office in closing and disposing of court cases. This position is tasked with a variety of duties including sorting, organizing, closing, and archiving files. Experience in the legal system is preferred. This is an at-will position which serves at the pleasure of the Commonwealth’s Attorney.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Commonwealth’s Attorney.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate an ability to work well with others
- Must have good communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficient computer skills are required including being able to use Word and Excel
- Be able to learn to use the case management file system
- Maintain legal files
- Must be able to multi-task and adapt to new skills
- Must pass a criminal background check
Please submit an application to Roxanne Holloway, Office Manager at email@example.com. Or mail to Commonwealth’s Attorney Office, 165 East Valley Street, Abingdon, VA 24210.