Taxes PDF Print E-mail

 

Local Taxes (Tax year 2013)

Real Property - Due May 20 and Nov. 20 of each year
Washington County $0.63 per $100 of fair market value (Due Dates: May 20 & Nov 20)
Abingdon $0.28 per $100 of fair market value (Due Dates: May 20 & Nov 20)
Damascus $0.46 per $100 of fair market value (Due Dates: May 15 & Nov 15)
Glade Spring $0.20 per $100 of fair market value (Due Dates: Dec 21)
Saltville
$0.12 per $100 of fair market value (Due Dates: Dec 5)

*County Real Estate for 2014   $0.63

Method of Valuation: Countywide property reassessment every four years.

Machinery & Tools
Washington County $1.55 per $100 of valuation
Abingdon $0.55 per $100 of valuation
Damascus $0.52 per $100 of valuation
Glade Spring $0.20 per $100 of valuation
Saltville $0.65 per $100 of valuation

Method of Valuation: 100% of original cost in first year; then decreases by 10% annually to 50%

Personal Property - Due Nov. 20 of each year
Washington County $1.70 per $100 of NADA Loan Value (Due Date: Nov 20)
Abingdon $0.55 per $100 of NADA Loan Value (Due Date: Nov 20)
Damascus $0.52 per $100 of NADA Loan Value (Due Date: Nov 15)
Glade Spring $0.20 per $100 of NADA Loan Value (Due Date: Dec 21)
Saltville $0.65 per $100 of NADA Loan Value (Due Date: Dec 5)

Transient Occupancy
Washington County 2% of Total Receipts
Abingdon 7% of Total Receipts
Damascus 5% of Total Receipts



Merchant's Capital/Business License
Washington County does not require business licenses nor levies a Merchant's Capital Tax.

The Towns of Abingdon, Damascus and Glade Spring levy business license taxes on professionals and retail establishments.

Sales Tax
4.30% state plus 1.00% local (total of 5.30% on each $1.00 of taxable consumer goods and services).