About the JOB FAIR 2011
A Regional JOB FAIR will be held at the Southwest Higher Education Center at Exit 14 off I-81 in Abingdon, Virginia on Thursday, June 30, 2011 from 12 noon to 7 p.m. This event is being organized to assist those who have lost their jobs and their small businesses due to the recent tornados throughout the region. In addition, there are many in the work force who are looking to find a better job or need additional training. The economy is picking up and many of our regional employers are hiring. This will be a great opportunity to match skills labor with current job openings.
Exhibitors will include:
- Regional employers from Bristol, Washington County, Russell County, and Smyth County, Virginia in a variety of sectors including: manufacturing, retail, commercial, construction, utilities, and medical.
- Virginia Highlands Small Business Development Center will provide counseling, financial and development service for those who lost their business or who are interested in starting a new business.
- Virginia Highlands Community College will be taking registrations for testing for Career Readiness Certificates and promoting training programs.
- The Virginia Employment Commission will be on hand to assist attendees with registration and completing a standard application that will be distributed to all exhibitors.
- There will be a live radio remote by WXBQ 96.9 during the event and many door prizes.
Please Visit http://www.jobfair2011.info for more information.