The County Department of General Services provides direct support to the County's various Offices, departments and agencies for facilities needs and motor vehicle fleet management. The Department is responsible for the efficient and economic management of the physical plant and property assets owned or maintained in the custodial care of the Washington County Board of Supervisors. They also provide management support services related to these assets.
- Provide preventative, essential & emergency maintenance services for the county's inventory of buildings, grounds, structures & unimproved real estate holdings.
- Manage the use, repair, renovation & modification of County properties and structures.
- Procure and manage contracts related to the upkeep, equipping and operation of County facilities, vehicles and related appurtenances.
- Acquisition, licensing, maintenance, replacement, use management and disposal of county vehicles.
- Negotiate, coordinate & manage all leases and similar arrangements between the County and others for use of facilities and property.
- Ensure adequate insurance protection is provided to all County facilities & property and that the same are compliant with all applicable federal, state & local laws & ordinances.
- Manage the county's central records and surplus property programs.
Click here to view current Public Surplus auctions
County Department of General Services Director
Department of General Services
Government Center Building
1 Government Center Place, Suite A
Abingdon VA, 24210
Weekdays 7:30am - 5:00pm